So why am I a lazy personal trainer?


I LOVE WORKING OUT. I LOVE DONUTS. I LOVE RUNNING 5Ks. I LOVE LAZY TV NIGHTS WITH JFBs (SEE MY LINGO LIST).


CAN I POSSIBLY BE A HAPPY, HEALTHY PERSON WITH SUCH CONFLICTING PASSIONS?

I'm trying! Follow my quest to OVERCOME LAZY!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Random Act of Fitness #20: Kegels.... They're baaaaaack!

I'd like to report that nary a day goes by without me doing a set or two of Kegels.  But, honestly, that's not the case.  Kegels are easy to do, but they're easy to not do, too! 

The small amount that I have been doing over the past months do seem to have helped prevent any major leaks but I've had a few small reminders that it's been a while since I've incorporated them into my fitness routine.

So, today I've been doing some as I'm sitting here at the computer and I think this is my new spot to do them.  I'd been trying to do them as I brush my teeth, but it turns out that's trickier than I thought it would be! 

I'm sure almost everyone has daily computer time, right?  Well, that means we can all have daily Kegel time too!

Just remember:  Pelvic floors are muscles too!  They're definitely not as visible as bulging biceps or as flashy as 6-pack abs, but they shouldn't be neglected, people!

Kegels are surprisingly popular among some of the famous (and infamous).

Reliable sources inform me that these are authentic celebrity Kegel action shots:


With a look like that you know she's enjoying
strengthening her pelvic floor.

Whether you agree with her politics or not,
you can't deny her Kegel efforts are impressive.

So what do you think is going through his head?
I bet it's either: "Hold...1...2....3"
or
"Why did I ever think I wanted this job?"

Even Heidi Klum isn't too sexy for Kegels.

I'm positive this is George Clooney.
And I'm positive he's doing his Kegels.
Of course if you look like any of these guys while doing your own Kegels, you're working way too hard.  Here's a reminder on the proper method.
Have fun with your Kegel-ing.  I sure am!

No comments:

Post a Comment