So why am I a lazy personal trainer?


I LOVE WORKING OUT. I LOVE DONUTS. I LOVE RUNNING 5Ks. I LOVE LAZY TV NIGHTS WITH JFBs (SEE MY LINGO LIST).


CAN I POSSIBLY BE A HAPPY, HEALTHY PERSON WITH SUCH CONFLICTING PASSIONS?

I'm trying! Follow my quest to OVERCOME LAZY!

Friday, October 21, 2011

Random Act of Fitness #21 - Exercise Band Mini-Burst Workout

I busted out the exercise band at the playground the other day and K and I took turns doing a 4-minute workout while the girls played.  I noticed while we were doing our little RAF that one of the other dads on the playground started doing some pullups on the monkey bars, so I'm sure it was us who totally inspired him to overcome Lazy!

This is a great little mini-burst of a workout.  If you do each exercise I show for 1 minute (30 secs for unilateral the exercises) It takes 4 minutes, that's all - great for an RAF.  Do it a few times in a row and you've done a nice little mini-workout.  Alternate it with 5 minutes of cardio (jumping jacks/rope, step-ups, treadmill, elliptical, etc.) for 30 minutes and you've done a great full workout!

Do yourself a favor and make sure you have an exercise band around the house.  I like the flat ones because they're so versatile.  You can find them at any sporting goods store and usually at Walmart and Target as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment