So why am I a lazy personal trainer?


I LOVE WORKING OUT. I LOVE DONUTS. I LOVE RUNNING 5Ks. I LOVE LAZY TV NIGHTS WITH JFBs (SEE MY LINGO LIST).


CAN I POSSIBLY BE A HAPPY, HEALTHY PERSON WITH SUCH CONFLICTING PASSIONS?

I'm trying! Follow my quest to OVERCOME LAZY!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

How My FRIEND Overcame Lazy This Week... Because I Sure Didn't!


Sloths may be pretty lazy but it takes some
amount of muscle to stay hanging in that tree!
 What is WITH me, lately?  I train for and run a half-marathon and then I become the laziest person on earth!  This is exactly what happened a year ago after I ran in the Ragnar Relay. In both cases, I went from being in pretty damn good shape to becoming a 3-toed sloth power vacuum for weeks following both events.  It's been 3 weeks since my half and I've managed to get in 2 Random Acts of Fitness and 1 single workout.  Woo hoo.  Yeah, and yet my calorie intake has resembled that of a sumo wrestler in training. 

Perhaps, subconsciously, I fear I'll tarnish my "Lazy Personal Trainer" title, so after accomplishing great feats of fitness, I have to make up for it with an episode of colossal apathy.

I can't "overcome lazy" too early in life.  Oh no.  Then how would I keep things interesting?

Anyway, since I, myself, have been over-welcoming Lazy lately, I must feature my friend's amazing way of overcoming it on a daily basis!  Thank goodness I'm surrounded by awesome, motivating people that are inspirational examples to me when I need it most. 

Friday, after dropping R off at school, Z and I decided to take the long way home so she and I could play at the park for a few minutes (see, I really am trying!).  That's when I ran into my friend who was also heading home with her two sons after dropping off her daughter.


Ok, I'm pretty sure Kim's
not pulling stunts like these...
but she's still overcoming Lazy!

Okay, so I can pat myself on the back that my daughters and I walk to school every day... and, when we met up, my friend even complimented us on our daily habit of walking.  But here's the thing:  our route is less than 1/2 mile and takes us about 12 minutes walking each way.  My friend's route is about 1 full mile from the school.  She lets all three of her kids ride their bikes while she hops on a scooter to keep up with them!  She could easily and sensibly justify driving them to school, but, nope... she's overcoming Lazy.

I really needed our chance encounter on Friday.  I'm pretty pumped now to end this pathetic slump I'm in and feel normal again!  Even though Lazy is appealing to me, it doesn't feel normal to me.

And I'd like to keep it that way!  Thanks Kim!

2 comments:

  1. Get out the advil 'cause I'm gonna push you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon - you are too nice! I'm glad to have officially overcome lazy because I'm feeling pretty guilty about my gym membership these days - the gym I haven't been to in months....Nice to see you at the park!

    ReplyDelete