So why am I a lazy personal trainer?


I LOVE WORKING OUT. I LOVE DONUTS. I LOVE RUNNING 5Ks. I LOVE LAZY TV NIGHTS WITH JFBs (SEE MY LINGO LIST).


CAN I POSSIBLY BE A HAPPY, HEALTHY PERSON WITH SUCH CONFLICTING PASSIONS?

I'm trying! Follow my quest to OVERCOME LAZY!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Random Acts of Fitness #12: Stayin' Cool In The Pool


At a friend's gorgeous pool.
We're usually at the community pool
where I have to watch that I don't whack anyone
with my flailing.

Don't think I haven't been getting in my RAFs lately; I've just been doing some of the same things, so I've been slow to document them.  RAFs # 8-11 have included more trampolining and more dancing with the girls.  We have been having so much fun with that lately and we make a point of doing a few songs so that we really get the heart pumping!

RAF # 12 was some pool exercises yesterday.  When we take the girls swimming, we're in the water jumping, sliding, playing "shark", etc., so we're always active.  Yesterday, however, I made a a point of also doing some hopping lunge switches, some arm exercises (both abduction/adduction and horizontal ab/add) and, my favorite, bicycling.  I made myself do the exercises for at least 1 minute at a time, so I could really feel them burning!

This girl amazes me!
If we had our own pool, my acts of fitness would not be random.  I'd be in there every day working out! Pools offer the perfect summer workout, so if you have access to one, get splashing... with purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment