So why am I a lazy personal trainer?


I LOVE WORKING OUT. I LOVE DONUTS. I LOVE RUNNING 5Ks. I LOVE LAZY TV NIGHTS WITH JFBs (SEE MY LINGO LIST).


CAN I POSSIBLY BE A HAPPY, HEALTHY PERSON WITH SUCH CONFLICTING PASSIONS?

I'm trying! Follow my quest to OVERCOME LAZY!

Monday, August 22, 2011

RAF #15 Our Beloved Neighborhood Walk


Our neighborhood walks started, I think, before my eldest, R, even could walk.  Nowadays, we go on our pleasant constitutionals at least once a week, sometimes more.  It's the same route, same scenery; usually the same events occur but there are always enough variations every time to make each outing unique.  

Calling for Minka, the kitty that followed us on our last walk.
Alas, she was a no-show this time.
Our favorite day to do it is on Sundays.  For us, that is the day of rest from our usual weekly routine and workouts so it's nice to get a little random activity in without any planning or forethought involved.  We just head out - sometimes with scooters, baby doll strollers, even flashlights if it's dark enough - and get back when we get back


Attempting some Tarzan vine swinging.


Trespassing on a neighbor's property.
Hey, don't put in a pathway if you're not gonna use it!

Stomping on the crunchy seed pods.

Blowing "wishes."

Checking out the ants and their tunnels.

They're really disapointed if they don't get to play
"crash," their favorite park game.

It actually is more like "chicken," since they discovered
early on how painful "crash" can be!

Almost home!  And we encounter another family
enjoying a RAF of their own, playing street ball.

This RAF is becoming a tradition with our family and I hope it never ends.  It offers a relaxed yet refreshing escape from wires and satellites and walls.  It always turns out to be much more than a walk; the girls make it an adventure every time!

My wish is for all of us to have a pleasant neighborhood for strolling... or at least a nice park that's really close by.  Just don't forget to bring your washboard or kalamazoo so you can jam with Willy and the poor boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment