So why am I a lazy personal trainer?


I LOVE WORKING OUT. I LOVE DONUTS. I LOVE RUNNING 5Ks. I LOVE LAZY TV NIGHTS WITH JFBs (SEE MY LINGO LIST).


CAN I POSSIBLY BE A HAPPY, HEALTHY PERSON WITH SUCH CONFLICTING PASSIONS?

I'm trying! Follow my quest to OVERCOME LAZY!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Girl Power Playlist

Music is so powerful.  When I blast some kickin’ tunes during the day, the girls and I can’t help but MOVE with the energy of the music.  Countless times, just the right song has made all the difference for me in a critical “throw-in-the-towel” moment during a tough workout. 

I have been having so much fun lately making playlists from my library of music and recent song downloads.  I’ve been grouping them according to mood, mostly.  Some examples:  Ultimate Feel-Good, Anger Management, Brooding, etc.

Music is also very personal.  I choose some songs for their powerful message, some for the memories they conjure, and some simply because they just plain ROCK!  I consider myself quite eclectic in my taste and find songs in almost every genre that motivate me.

In my opinion, this Girl Power playlist is just what you need to rouse your kick-arse mojo… whether it’s for a killer workout or just a killer bathtub scrubbin’!

GIRL POWER!

Girls Rule, Boys Drool!


Wind It Up – Gwen Stefani
Trouble – Pink
Black Cat – Janet Jackson
Hit Me With Your Best Shot – Pat Benatar
Maneater – Nelly Furtado
Fighter – Christina Aguilera
Bang bang bang – Christina Perri
Bulletproof – La Roux
California Gurls – Katy Perry
Girls Just Want To Have Fun – Cyndi Lauper
Would I Lie To You? – Eurythmics
Girlfriend – Avril Lavigne
Raise Your Glass – Pink
Rich Girl – Eve; Gwen Stefani
Your Love Is My Drug – Ke$ha
Don’t Stop The Music – Rihanna
Heart and Soul – T’Pau

Note:  I’m a good girl (excuse me while I adjust my halo… there) and prefer my music cleaned-up.  I download most of my songs from walmart.com because they usually have an edited version of the edgy songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment