So why am I a lazy personal trainer?


I LOVE WORKING OUT. I LOVE DONUTS. I LOVE RUNNING 5Ks. I LOVE LAZY TV NIGHTS WITH JFBs (SEE MY LINGO LIST).


CAN I POSSIBLY BE A HAPPY, HEALTHY PERSON WITH SUCH CONFLICTING PASSIONS?

I'm trying! Follow my quest to OVERCOME LAZY!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Random Act of Fitness #1 - Dr. Seuss Style

Okay, new thing:  I'm going to be regularly throwing out ways I've managed to incorporate small (but NOT insignificant) moments of fitness into my life.  These aren't workouts, per se.  These will just be additional events that help me maintain an active and healthy lifestyle, have fun and... Overcome Lazy!

My goal is to do at least 3 Random Acts of Fitness per week until the end of the year.  Hence the "#1" in the title:  I'm going to number them and tally 'em up.  With 23 weeks left in 2011, I will need 69 RAFs to reach my goal.  Piece o' cake (Mmmmm, cake), right?

Anyone want to join me?  You're welcome to try any of my RAFs (at your own risk, because I'm one risky gal!) or come up with any on your own.  I would love a blog comment, email, facebook comment, etc., from anyone sharing their RAF experiences.  I think I'm going to need some ideas, people, so share and share alike!

I know I don't have a huge following, so spread the word and let's get more people to Overcome Lazy!  Become one of my blog followers, sign up for my email alerts, friend me on facebook, start leaving comments.  I want to know I'm not alone in this war on laziness!

I can even envision free give-aways in the near future to loyal followers.  I'm not promising yet, I'm just sayin'...

So here's RAF #1...

Don't let the kids have all the fun!
Join in!

 
I ran across theee coolest game recently for young kids!  I actually contemplated composing a Seuss-like rhyme as an ode to this great new source of amusement but I’m not a poet, and I know it. 

Sorry.  Had to.

My girls are 5 and almost 3 and they loved this!

I saw it by chance at Toys R Us the other day while shopping for a birthday present and threw it in the cart.  It was under $8 so I thought, why not, it looks cute.

It turned out to be a great find and, what enthuses me the most, is that it’s a totally un-lazy game!
 
R crawling around a chair with the
fish on her head.
Steady... steeeeady!

It requires that you do a mixture of silly activities; and they’re so goofy that you don’t mind going through the effort of pulling them off … some of which are pretty tricky!

I have to admit I wasn’t thrilled when I picked the cards requiring me to crab walk to the bathroom sink while holding the “fish” under my chin.  But, by golly, I did it!

The girls, on the other hand, were tickled pink to be hopping, skipping and jumping to various parts of the house all while hanging on to that pesky fish the whole time!

Z taking giant steps to the front door
with the fish under her left arm.
Just look at that concentration!


Throw this into a stocking (yep, already thinking about Christmas), add it to a birthday gift, or just treat your young ‘uns (I think it’s ideal for the 10 and under set) to a new fun and active game!

No comments:

Post a Comment