So why am I a lazy personal trainer?


I LOVE WORKING OUT. I LOVE DONUTS. I LOVE RUNNING 5Ks. I LOVE LAZY TV NIGHTS WITH JFBs (SEE MY LINGO LIST).


CAN I POSSIBLY BE A HAPPY, HEALTHY PERSON WITH SUCH CONFLICTING PASSIONS?

I'm trying! Follow my quest to OVERCOME LAZY!

Friday, July 22, 2011

How I Overcame Lazy This Week: I Showed Off My Beach Body... Ha!

It's been a few weeks since our family reunion at the Oregon Coast.
Jumping for joy!

Future surfer girl.

Pure bliss...
because she's in the pool and not near the ocean!

Not bad, eh.  He looks like a real "boarder"
even though it's his first time every trying it.
It was a wonderful vacation.  My family is so fun to hang out with and it was a beautiful place to visit.  But it was a bit chilly.  Okay, it was darn stinkin’ cold!  I wasn’t showing off my beach body (not that I have one!) I was bundling it up!

My favorite quote from Z during the vacation,
"I don't like the beach.  I want to go home."
Yes, we jumped some waves, went on some hikes, played a little tennis - just to name a few activities - but I think we honestly burned the most calories on the beach by shivering! 

Thankfully we had an awesome heated pool and hot tub that we practically lived in.  I’ve visited the Oregon Coast several times but I’ve never swam so much at the ocean before... because this is the first time I stayed somewhere with a pool!

Ahhh our favorite place to be...
Oh and I think that's the Pacific Ocean behind us.
One of the highlights of our week together was our family’s Golden Sneaker Beach Challenge. 

It was just a little something I organized in order to refresh everyone’s resolve to make this year much less lazy than last year and to remind us that it’s fun to be fit and healthy! 

It was an obstacle course/relay race type thing that turned out to be a blast!  I designed it to make sure everyone – young and old, fluffy or skinny – could participate in some way. 

 And we all did!  
And we all had fun.

And it actually warmed us up for a time.  Did I mention it was cold?  And windy.



Ahhhh, life is good (mostly!) and it feels great to overcome Lazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment