So why am I a lazy personal trainer?


I LOVE WORKING OUT. I LOVE DONUTS. I LOVE RUNNING 5Ks. I LOVE LAZY TV NIGHTS WITH JFBs (SEE MY LINGO LIST).


CAN I POSSIBLY BE A HAPPY, HEALTHY PERSON WITH SUCH CONFLICTING PASSIONS?

I'm trying! Follow my quest to OVERCOME LAZY!

Friday, December 3, 2010

A Shot In The Arm

I feel like I just got a shot of Pep-Up in my system!  Aside to family:  remember when Dad would mix up that nasty drink in the blender?  Yuck!

My Mom-in-law will have a hard time believing this, but she inspired me on the fitness front!  I was so proud of her when she told me that she worked out a few days ago (she's been wanting to do this regularly for a while).  She took my advice and kept it uncomplicated to start.  She simply went up and down the stairs in her house about 10 times until she was winded and felt her muscles start to cramp.  I love it!  Her workout was unfussy yet effective for her and the big deal is she DID it!  Now keep the ball rolling, Mom!

The fact that she DID something is what inspired me the most because I myself have been doing NOTHING lately for workouts and eating EVERYTHING for energy consumption (a softer way to say "pigging-out").  Yeah, bovine-inspired eating does not pair well with sloth-inspired behavior.


See, we do have beautiful fall days in Vegas...
They just happen in December.

She told me this on Wednesday so that night I did 10 or so squats in the shower.  Woot woot.  But then I almost slipped so that ended that.  On Thursday K came through and got us out hiking at Red Rock Canyon that afternoon.  I even did some trail running.  Not something I planned on, but it was forced upon me by the girls:  they INSISTED that we run up the rocky trails at regular intervals.  We've created monsters!

And then this glorious desert winter morning we got out to the park and biked and ran and played and had a blast.  My upward spiral is starting again.  And I've had so much more energy from the workouts despite fighting a cold and getting to bed too late.

My recommendation to those that might also be lagging:  Do something - anything - and it will start that positive momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment