So why am I a lazy personal trainer?


I LOVE WORKING OUT. I LOVE DONUTS. I LOVE RUNNING 5Ks. I LOVE LAZY TV NIGHTS WITH JFBs (SEE MY LINGO LIST).


CAN I POSSIBLY BE A HAPPY, HEALTHY PERSON WITH SUCH CONFLICTING PASSIONS?

I'm trying! Follow my quest to OVERCOME LAZY!

Friday, December 10, 2010

Memories From Workouts Past


Z getting an early start at 1-arm pushups on the Bosu
 At this time of year when many of us recall memories from Christmases past, I recently ran across several pictures that brought up memories of my favorite workouts past.  All of them include working out with my girls and, although they may not have been my BEST workouts in terms of difficulty or intensity, they are my favorites because exercising with my daughters always makes it seem more like play than like work.
 
Why park your car in the garage when you can use it as a gym!?
Not too bad with one little butterball.

A little tougher with two!

Our princess in boxing gloves

The champ!
Our back yard is tiny, but plenty big for our workouts.

Yes, that's an ab wheel that she's running all around the back yard with...
and enjoying it immensely!

We've gotten so much use out of our mini-tramp, it's ridiculous...
and it's about had it!



Donkey calf raises with my little burro

Boofy (name of her dog) calf raises
 And the park is our big outdoor gymnasium!

See what I mean by fun!?

What a great workout!
 My home workouts with the girls really do kick my butt.  Not 100% of the time like I want, but close to it.  I usually will do them circuit-style with high intensity bursts of various exercises while the girls are preoccupied with their own activities and consider it a rest interval when I have to stop briefly to refill sippies or help them in the potty.

May there be many more wonderful Christmases workouts next!

No comments:

Post a Comment