So why am I a lazy personal trainer?


I LOVE WORKING OUT. I LOVE DONUTS. I LOVE RUNNING 5Ks. I LOVE LAZY TV NIGHTS WITH JFBs (SEE MY LINGO LIST).


CAN I POSSIBLY BE A HAPPY, HEALTHY PERSON WITH SUCH CONFLICTING PASSIONS?

I'm trying! Follow my quest to OVERCOME LAZY!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

July at Christmastime


Near Red Rock Canyon

Here we are well-advanced into December and we've been able to still get out and do summertime activities!  Long family bike rides are what most people across the country do in July.  Except us southwesterners.  We go out in the winter and stay inside (except to go to the pool!) in the summer.  Does that make us, like, weather vampires?

We've certainly been enjoying the pleasant temperatures lately and have been trying to get out and take advantage of them. 


Taking a break to check out some flood tunnels
 under the road
 Of course we were bitten by the snow bug on our trip to Logan so we'll need to get up to Mt. Charleston again before too long for more sledding....  And we hope to pull off a couple of ski trips in the new year.  We got free tickets to the newly re-opened Eagle Point Ski Resort in Beaver, UT, so I'll have report on that. Yeehaw!

You'll notice that these traditional wintertime adventures that I mention do involve visits to some snowy climes; however, they are but brief, recreational jaunts that hold the assurance of a timely return to our agreeable desert climate.  I have not the need to live in snow ever again as long as I can conveniently travel to it, enjoy it at my discretion, and then abandon it whenever the heck I want.

R on the slopes last winter
 I've turned into such a desert rat!

No comments:

Post a Comment