So why am I a lazy personal trainer?


I LOVE WORKING OUT. I LOVE DONUTS. I LOVE RUNNING 5Ks. I LOVE LAZY TV NIGHTS WITH JFBs (SEE MY LINGO LIST).


CAN I POSSIBLY BE A HAPPY, HEALTHY PERSON WITH SUCH CONFLICTING PASSIONS?

I'm trying! Follow my quest to OVERCOME LAZY!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Happy-ish Runner

So there I was this morning.  Out ruining a perfectly gorgeous Las Vegas spring day with a 5 mile run. 


See, I AM a happy runner!
Now, I do like running.  I've done it and enjoyed it for many years.  But this morning I was feeling it.  I was feeling it in a haven't-done-this-for-a-while-and-I-partied-too-hard-with-my-sisters-this-weekend kind of way.

I had to tell myself that I really was doing a good thing as I plodded along with little enthusiasm at a slower pace than usual.  Then I looked up and saw her:  a fellow pavement pounder who looked about as haggard as I felt.  Upon approximating ourselves within about 10 feet, I did the five-finger spread which serves as both a wordless greeting and a gesture of sympathy and encouragement that I frequently offer to others who are also on the masochistic yet noble quest for better health.

I don't always get a response from other folks and I'm OK with that.  But I have to confess that I'm quite pleased when I do.  I actually wasn't expecting any acknowledgement from this lady (she looked like the endorphins hadn't quite kicked in just yet) but as soon as I smiled and waved, she immediately reciprocated with her own two-finger salute and a bright grin which reminded me of the sun breaking through the clouds. 

That was just what I needed.  Her genuine smile made my own spread a little wider and added a bit more spring to my step.  It made me happy to see a fellow warrior battling so valiantly in the war over Lazy. 

One small skirmish at a time, we're taking Lazy down!!!

2 comments:


  1. Considerably, this post is really the sweetest on this notable topic. I harmonise with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your incoming updates. Saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the phenomenal clarity in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely a topic that's close to me so Im happy that you wrote about it. I'm also happy that you did the subject some justice. Not only do you know a great deal about it, you know how to present in a way that people will want to read more. Im so happy to know someone like you exists on the web.
    Fitness Gym Phoenix

    ReplyDelete