So why am I a lazy personal trainer?


I LOVE WORKING OUT. I LOVE DONUTS. I LOVE RUNNING 5Ks. I LOVE LAZY TV NIGHTS WITH JFBs (SEE MY LINGO LIST).


CAN I POSSIBLY BE A HAPPY, HEALTHY PERSON WITH SUCH CONFLICTING PASSIONS?

I'm trying! Follow my quest to OVERCOME LAZY!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Lazy Trainer and Her Lazy Family



Who wouldn't want to win these pretty babies?!
This is the trophy awarded to the winner!
 
Actually, I’m excited to report that this just might be the least lazy year for my whole family in a while.  Why? you ask.  Because it’s the First Annual (oh yeah, fam, we’re doing this every year until we die!) GOLDEN SNEAKER CHALLENGE. 

To be fair, not everyone in my family is lazy.  Regardless of anyone’s health status, though, I figure we all can commit to making sure the year 2011 is full of good, healthy pursuits that will help us improve our lives. 

I had everyone choose one main health-related goal to work on this year and, come December, we will all vote on whom we believe deserves to be awarded the coveted “Golden Sneaker Award”.  Plus we’re all pitching in to a money pot because - I don’t know ‘bout you - but the potential to win cash always lights a fire under my britches.

We have quite a variety of goals.  Many have chosen weight-loss as their focus.  Others have some 5Ks, marathons or triathlons in their sights.  A few others include a decrease of 5% body fat; losing 4.5 inches from the waist; and a reduction of a hemoglobin A1c level to 5%.  See, all kinds of fun stuff.

Along the way to keep things interesting and motivating we will be able to earn points by participating in monthly challenges to win the “Not-So-Dumbbell Award”.  The person with the most points at year’s end wins that one, which also includes a cool prize as added incentive.  Por ejemplo:  January’s Challenge is to list AT LEAST 3 actions you will take in order to realize your Golden Sneaker goal.

I have to say, I am quite proud of my family.  Although not all of them have jumped into this challenge with the same enthusiasm that I have had in issuing it, most of them have committed to it quite cheerfully and with minimal feet-dragging.

I have declared this a “friendly” competition; so, let the games begin!  Oh, but lest you think otherwise:  it’s on… like Donkey Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment