So why am I a lazy personal trainer?


I LOVE WORKING OUT. I LOVE DONUTS. I LOVE RUNNING 5Ks. I LOVE LAZY TV NIGHTS WITH JFBs (SEE MY LINGO LIST).


CAN I POSSIBLY BE A HAPPY, HEALTHY PERSON WITH SUCH CONFLICTING PASSIONS?

I'm trying! Follow my quest to OVERCOME LAZY!

Friday, September 17, 2010

So why am I a lazy personal trainer?

I love a good JFB (Junk Food Binge).  It could be sweet treats.  It could be salty snacks.  Whatever I’m craving that day.  I just like to have plenty of it at the end of the day as I curl up with a good book or movie.  The kids are tucked into bed.  The house is clean…enough.  I don’t wanna think, I don’t wanna be getting something done and the only thing I wanna be moving is my hand to my mouth.  Over and over again.  Ahhh, my favorite time of the day.  There’s nothing I love more.  Oh, wait, there is. 

I love a good kick-ass workout.  I love planning out what torture I am going to inflict on myself that day.  I love warming up, getting the blood pumping, then pushing it – really pushing it – to the end only to make myself do just one more rep and then finally cooling down and stretching.  I love that feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment.  It gives me an incredible physical and mental buzz throughout the rest of the day.

So, like most folks, I’m a study in contrasts.  I’m lazy by nature but I know a lotta good fitness stuff.  I have had to adjust my approach to health and fitness as my perspective and circumstances have changed through life.  My priorities and methods are quite different from when I was a young, single competitive athlete to now being an exhausted, aged, sometimes-working mother of two.  But I love where I am now.  I have loved the challenge of figuring out how to weave my passion for health and fitness into the fabric of my diversified life.  Along the way, I feel I have come up with some pretty awesome ways to be committed to my health and fitness without compromising or diminishing the other important people and things in my life.

I know my ways are just that – MY ways – and what works for me doesn’t mean it will for anyone else.  But I suspect that some of the things I share just might help a few others out there as well.  I hope for good things for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment